Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sources of N'spiration


Sources of Inspiration

Can we just take a moment and discuss a few people who simply amaze me, inspire me, and make me so happy! I would like to Highlight Rachel Roy. I recently had the opportunity to meet her, okay not recently but in September of 2009 at her Macy's showing in Chicago. I had an amazing time, not only am I a fan of her work, but I am a fan of the woman. Rachel is an amazing talent but even more so-she is humble and very approachable. I aspire to have a very successful children's clothing line called Pineapple-Eggplant tm and when I completed my first round of samples, I sent her 4 items-because I read that she had a 6 month old. Allow me to preface that when I send items to celebs or their reps, I don't expect a reply...why because they are busy, a lot of the time they think they laugh at the new people, etc.... well about 1 week after mailing it, I get a phone call from her assistant asking me for my mailing address....3 days later I get a hand written note from Rachel Roy. I was floored! I never wanted to continue to pursue my dream more than that day. I still have the note and I smile every time I see it. I don't know much more about her background besides what I have read, however my interactions with her face to face and via snail mail have been great.

In business, in life I believe that you should ALWAYS be approachable. You never know who is watching, and you never know how you will affect or inspire someone to reach greater heights.

Thank You Rachel and know that you have many people praying for your continued success!

-The Red Bottom Diva

Nirvana Trump

P.S. You were always TOO GOOD for Dame!

No comments:

Post a Comment